LC201: LIFE COACHING
This unit builds on the fundamental principles and practices of life coaching explored in PC101: Peer Coaching to provide you with an opportunity to develop your skills and practice as a life coach.
The unit comprises two modules. During the first module you will explore some of the fundamental principles of understanding and utilising common concepts you will encounter relating to human and social capital in practice. The second module will introduce you to six further coaching models / tools and guide you through a process of personalising these and developing your own coaching style and ethos.
On successful completion of the unit you will be ready to start professionally life coaching others.
This unit comprises:
- An introduction to life coaching beyond peer coaching
- Coaching models 1 (CLEAR, solution focused and transformational coaching)
- Engaging your own journey
- Coaching models 2 (inner game model, NLP, and ontological model)
- Creating a personal synthesis
- Preparing for assessment, portfolio and ongoing development
Assessment is through a 1,000-word assignment.
Who is the unit aimed at?
When combined with PC101: Peer Coaching, this unit is aimed at those who want to build their skills to the level where they can start to offer paid coaching appointments to other people.
After completing the unit, you will be able to:
- Understand how to use human and social capital to empower your coaching.
- Demonstrate the necessary skills and understanding in practice.
- Appreciate the difference between a variety of coaching models and tools.
- Critically apply the concepts to developing your own life coaching theory and practice
To complete this unit you should have completed PC101: Peer Coaching.
The materials included are:
- Pre-recorded session content
- Unit handbook
- Module manuals
- Links to additional resources (including YouTube videos, articles, websites, suggested books etc)
- Session quizzes
- End of unit assessment
- Live one-to-one tutorial
- Live weekly sessions via Google Meet (except for those enrolled on our independent e-learning option)